Thursday 25 February 2016

Reportage drawing

To start the task I collected A3 sized pieces of paper and a variety of materials such as: colour pencils, pencils, felt tips, coloured markers and oil pestles, which I worked with to create an reportage drawing. Firstly, we created quick sketches and focused on drawing people and subjects in the room. We were given different tasks to create 5 different sketches in the time slot we were given and used the different materials for each individual drawing. These tasks allowed us to show development and progression throughout the task. Also by drawing people allowed us to focus of facial features and how peoples faces are different. By using different materials gave me a little push to be more creative and adventurous, also to develop my work. This task help me find out that quick sketches weren't my forty and that I am more of a perfectionist. However, after developing different skills at each sketch, I learnt that creating quick sketches had to be simple minded when presenting features. At the end of each sketch it really did make me think that the abstract and quick sketching isn't my thing and that I am more of a perfectionist.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment