Thursday 20 October 2016

Contintiuing primary research

Moving on from animals, I then moved on to plants and their natural environment. To begin with I decided to explore what was closest and most accessible to me, my back garden. My garden has a beautiful array of different types of flowers and plant life. I used a Canon 55mm lens to capture them in a detailed and elegant way. The first of the pages explores the peaceful and calm green colours of a group of plants in my garden where as in contrast the second page looks at the beautiful warm autumnal colours of the other side of my garden. Then I photographed my white roses inside to get a more calm blue lighting effect as I really enjoy the blue reflection the white. The next pages are a sequence of flowers and plants I encountered at Wigfield farm, I love the small details and personal motfis of each of the individual plants. Their striking colours and beautiful formations really captivated me and compelled me to immortalise them in the photographs. Then finally for my primary research I looked at some lavenders experiencing decay as the threat of winter looms over them and they lie swollen on the brink of demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment