Monday 7 December 2015

Ceramics workshop

On Thursday the 26th I had my last workshop ahead of me which was Ceramics, with my instructor Debra. Last time in ceramics I had a great experience doing it and my last project went extremely well because of it. To start off with we had to gather all research and sketches and dicuss our idea's with our instructor and see what ways, techniques and materials could be used to create part oof our sculpture.Once I had created them it will help me when I was exploring the other workshops for the sculpture. The task allowed me to solve problems in 3D and apply practical skills to create the final product. Also, the project allowed me to apply my knowledge that I have learnt in the previous ceramics task and use the methods within the workshop to create my final piece.
For this project in ceramics I did not really have much planned as it wasn't a main aspect of my design but I did have a small individual role for this workshop. My idea was to create something similar to one of Caro's paper sculptures but obviously with clay, clay that is able to go really thin that it actually looks like paper. The clay I used was paper clay which explains why I used it as I wanted it to look as realistic as I could get it. Firstly when messing around with any clay you have to need it and get rid of any air bubbles, because if  there is any air buddle's it is more likely to explore to the kiln. After rolling out the clay I measured 20cm x 20cm for both pieces of clay and once finished I ripped the clay off all around he edges of the clay as I did not want my paper to be just flat I put some round objects underneath the clay so that one it had been fired it would come out curved. Now all my ceramics work is finished I am now just waiting for in to be fire in the kiln.

No comments:

Post a Comment