Thursday 25 May 2017

Anton Wants Exhibition

This is an exhibition of Anton Want's photography work representing the ongoing redevelopment and social change within Barnsley Town Centre. The exhibition features over 35 transitional landscape and portraiture works, exploring the nature of societal and structural change and the relationship between people, place and built environment. 

Anton want has been a professional photographer since graduating from university, working on photographic commissions and projects around the world. In 1994 he was named Fuji British press photographer of the year. He was receivedcommisions from a wide range of organisations including UEFA, Nike and Art council england.  
Anton’s fascination with the nature of British society and his passionate belief in photography’s ability to communicate and enhance our understanding of the world is reflected. 

This exhibition was a late introduction exhibition forthat I visited as it was near the end of my project. However, I believe even though this was the case I was still able to see features of this photographers work in my own work such as when I went people matching how ever Wants photographs are more staged and I feel mine are more about capturing the rerunning trends and as well as moments in time. 
When I visited the exhibition I had mixed opinions about it as I am not a huge fan on landscape photography, however I thought it was quite interesting exhibition because iving and witnessing such well presented interpretation of a town that's not really known for I believe his photographs are aesthetically pleasing as seeing "Barnsley" in someone else perspective creates a more positive insight on the town. 

My own view of Barnsley isn't really the best as I am able to see things from my own insight and visually see the events that happen throughout the town. However, when seeing a photograph creates a completely different view as it is a snapshot in time so you aren't able to see behind the image. The photographer has created more a positive outcome  than how I see the town. Wants has also captured the town for what It is most famous for, this being the markets and the stalls within.  







I in particularly like this photograph as it is well lit
and the shadow at the side of the model creates a leading
line making the model the focal point.  



No comments:

Post a Comment