Monday 8 May 2017

Civic Exhibition: Fashion and Freedom

Since the era's I am focusing on aren't as far back as some I was limited to primary research. However, I have over come this from looking at the high street stores of today, my families past photographs, people watching and an exhibition at the Civic Gallery in Barnsley. The garments were designed and made by fashion designers such as Vivienne Westwood, J Js Lee and many more designers and also fashion students from a variety of universities, portraying the 1914-1918. Even though the exhibition itself was not focused on my specific eras for my project I still went and gave it a visit as I feel even though its not from the time I am focusing on it still relates in a way, as I feel that fashion is a cycle and that styles and trends never die out, as a result I did find similarities of trends and styles from my eras focused on in the garments displayed at the exhibition. Furthermore, I feel the exhibition was more for high fashion, where as I am going down the path of street styled clothing. Overall, I feel I didn't benefit from this exhibition unfortunately as It was more for the opposite of what I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment