Monday 15 May 2017

Steps on how I created a magazine cover: Mock up 1

step 1: open new enabling to selected the photograph you
are wanting.

Step 2: Select the photo you are wanting and select open.

Step 3: Now I have my image, I thought about the placement/
arrangement of the text I plan to place on the photograph. 
 
Step 4: I created my text by using the text tool which is the "T"
symbol placed at the left side. I also changed the colour of my
text by highlighting the text and selecting the colour box at the
top of the screen which displays a colour box allowing you to
select the colour you want in this photograph shown, you'll
see I have selected yellow as now only does it contrast with
the background but its influence by the magazines of today: ID,
Dazed, Another and Wonderland as they as use bold and colour text.
 

Step 5: I selected the text using the "Ctrl" button and "T" so that
I was able to stretch the text so that it went across all of the photograph
as well as balancing out the image out.

Step 6: To help me with lining the text up I decided to create a
grid so that all text on the image lined up all together and so that it
didn't look odd.

Step 7: Here I am adding more text and by using a grid allowed
me to line both the title and the subheading together.

Step 8: To increase the look on the magazine looking real I
placed a bar code and resized it.

Step 9: I then dragged it into the corner as usually it is stereo-
typed that they are arranged in the bottom corners. However, this is
only a mock up and I intend to be more adventurous about the
arrangement of both text and barcodes for my final piece.

Step 10: Here I added more text aka a question that I thought was relevant
for my project as well as being influence by the magazines researched
within my sketchbook.

Step 11: Here all of my text is arranged and all lined up showing
a controlled balance of the photograph.

Step 12: Throughout all of the choices within this mock up, they
have all been influenced through my research of edgy and fashion
influenced magazines.
 
First development mock up
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment