Sunday 21 May 2017

Moodboards

My theme for my final major project is Returning trends, and to get me started with my project I started by collecting photographs of relevant aspects to fit in within my chosen theme from this to create two mood boards to give me inspiration to take forward with me throughout my project. Firstly, I started by looking at both nineties and eighties fashion as well as influences of fashion, celebrities, movies and programs from the specific eras. I used photographs from Pinterest that would later on in my project help me influence my designs to create my final outcome (magazine cover). As well as using the internet for inspiration I also added in my own knowledge of what I already knew about both era's for instance most of my favourite movies were made in the eighties so I added in things like "The Breakfast Club", "Pretty in pink" and many more. Likewise with the nineties my most favourite and loved fashion icons are from the nineties such as Kate Moss, Jennifer Anniston, Drew Barrymore and many more.


I believe both my mood boards are very engaging as they portray the specific era's very well as there is a lot going on with in my boards and you are able to recognize what mood board belongs to which era. As my focal point is fashion, I believe that both mood boards are extremely  helpful in getting a feel for what types of clothes/styles were very popular within the times. When creating these boards I was filled with excitement and idea's as enjoyed many things from both era's such as music, fashion, movies and programs. However, I felt when creating them that I had more knowledge and enjoyment when creating the one dedicated to the nineties. I believe that this is because my own style in particular and fashion sense is more towards the nineties.
My mood board dedicated to the era eighties. 

My mood board dedicated to the era nineties.

No comments:

Post a Comment