Thursday 25 May 2017

Prints gone wrong and mounting work

These images are a record of one of the main issues I encountered that went wrong towards the end of my project. When coming to print my final outcomes down at the reprographics department, I applied my work on a memory stick and saved as a PDF to enable the process of printing because if not the department would be unable to print my images. However, when going to collect my A2 images they had printed out in a very aluminous orange which I had already experienced this in particular problem back when I was printing my photographs for my portfolio. The problem really did infuriated me as I hadn't time to waste as I needed everything done for my deadline. The issue thankfully wasn't anything to do with my images but with the settings on the printer in the reprographic department.

To overcome this problem and due to my patience being very little when going to the reprographics department I decided to go over to the UCB building and ask one of the university tutors, Evan, if I was okay to print my final outcomes on the large format canon printer as I had  used it before with no problems regards to quality and the tutors over at UCB are extremely helpful when encountering any problems. 

When at UCB I successfully got my final designs printed and after printed, I was shown how to mount my printed outcomes on to foam board using a bray booth and how to properly cut out using a Stanley knife and ruler. 



This is a video of the UCB tutor showing me how to properly
mount my images ready for my exhibition in June.


These are the tools I used when mounting my final pieces, the spray when used had to be in a spray booth due to unpleasant fumes also to prevent hazardous overspray and volatiles from escaping confinement and causing a fire. As well as experimenting and developing my skills to mount I also used a ruler one side specifically to measure and the other to accurately slice the foam board with the craft knife. I feel that mounting is a good technique to have for future reference when showing clients my work and setting up my exhibitions.  


 


These are images on my a few of my images printed and mounted onto foam board. 


No comments:

Post a Comment