Friday 26 May 2017

Development and Designs





My development sheet


These are three developed designs of magazine mock ups that have all been inspired by my interpretation of "Nineties Grunge" and the influences that were behind it.  The design of the magazines as a whole was inspired by the fashion magazines Wonderland, Another, ID and Dazed.  As well As I feel they are influential magazines and aren't stereotypical to today's society of magazines, they break the boundaries of what magazine covers are supposed to look like. When writing on my development sheet I took into consideration of what I know and what I have learnt throughout this project to enabling me to further analyse my work in a proper manner. Such as take important things into consideration when adjusting the text focusing on Typography and giving the cover a well balanced arrangement.
I believe that I incorporated skills and understanding throughout my photo shoot by using skills learnt from my work shop in portrait lighting. My outcomes were so much better than expected as by taking forward elements from both my workshop and first photo shoot. I took skills forward by using essential equipment within my work that I had recently been able to experiment with in my first shoot such as light meters, reflectors, different lenses (macro) and many more.
Throughout all of my shoots I intend to involve as much as my research within as possible. For instance, in incorporating Corinne Days edgy and unusual photography skills, having my model pose in unpleasant ways creating a surrealism vibe within my photographs. Adding aspects of clothing I have found to be Returning from the start of my research. Designing layouts linked to the magazines within my research and arguing whether it is a stereotypical magazine cover because that's not what I am wanting. I am wanting a magazine cover that is like no other and creates a grunge vibe. 

Problems I encountered with my first photoshoot:
  • The weather was really poor so I was restricted to going outside-over came this by re-locating within the college location 
  • I had to play around more with the lighting in the shoot as my images were coming out both exposed and under exposed-over came it by using a light meter and known of the settings on the camera 
  • Part of the outfit was forgotten due to relying of others-went along with what I had 

No comments:

Post a Comment