Thursday 18 May 2017

Digital Photography: Exposure

When taking photographs throughout my project I have noticed that my weakness when it comes to photography is over exposing, so I did some research and discovered when taking photographs as a photographer you have ultimate control over how much light you is allowed to hit when the shutter opens. When researching and developing my photography skills I have found that you are able to control the amount of light being exposed by changing either your ISO setting, by changing your aperture setting and by changing the shutter speed. All of these three settings, depending on how they are used together, create your exposure setting. 

Adjusting Aperture
To decrease the amount of light being exposed to the camera you can increase the F/stop in your aperture setting. When I am having issues with overexposes issues which is one of the problems I have had through this project, I have learnt by increasing your aperture to a higher number it will close the aperture on the lens prevent some light from coming through to the camera. 

Adjusting Shutter Speed
When you increase your shutter speed you shorten the amount of time that the shutter is open for. For example, one I've noticed is when the shutter speed is at a lower number e.g: 1/60 allows the shutter to remain open for longer allowing more light to pass through. However, when increase the number of the shutter speed e.g: 1/200 will decrease the amount of light pass through which will result in the photographic outcome being darker. 

Adjusting ISO
When you decrease your ISO your photographic outcomes will be darker, this meaning that the sensor becomes less sensitive to light and when the ISO is increased it the more sensitive the sensor becomes to light. 



No comments:

Post a Comment