Thursday 25 May 2017

Magazine Influences

Sketchbook Pages
For my final idea my plan is to create a magazine cover so I took the liberty of using the research source Pinterest to find types of magazine covers from todays generation I believe I can take forward within my work. This led me to finding these specific magazines displayed in my A4 sketchbook. I chose these magazines as I felt that they fitted in with my chosen theme "Grunge" as I feel that that the magazines pushed the boundaries of how a magazine a stereotypical magazine should look. I love how as well as their titles being the main focus on the magazine they have used specific poses to also represent their magazines. I also admire the choice within colour schemes as they have either use contrasting colours to make the magazine more dominant or they use colours within their so that the cover as a whole is a balanced and well thought out design. However, I feel that all of these magazine covers main focuses are on the title rather than the model so when I come to design in Photoshop I plan to experiment and see what my designs look like with when using the rubber tool to create erase part of the text covering the face.

I feel that this research of magazine covers is well thought-out as the layout and outlook on all of these magazines are cutting edge and link very well with my "nineties grunge" choice.  I plan to take elements of these magazines forward with me such as the bold text and the layout as well as the unusual choice of poses. I feel that creating a series of magazine covers would be a better idea as I'd rather than create four covers that are completely different designs.

Sketchbook pages

No comments:

Post a Comment