Monday 22 May 2017

Photoshoot 1

For my first photoshoot specifically for my final outcomes, I had planned for my shoot to be a nineties themed shoot portraying the returning trend "denim" and how it is seen and worn today, as well as linking back to my earlier research looking at programs. In particular, the TV program friends! When thinking about it, I thought what way could I interpret a program within my photo shoot. So I came to a decision that I was going to incorporate similar styles of scenery within my  location choice. The thought process was to be located at the local water fountains in Barnsley town center recreating the opening scene of the popular nineties program "Friends". I had also arranged a collaboration with a make up artist which so happened  was a coincidence that she was from the same college and was located at the hair and beauty Level floor so that when it came to having my model having her make up done she wouldn't be having to travel far. To find a look specific look for the make up I simply research "nineties grunge make-up" using Pinterest as I wanted my final images to also incorporate nineties grunge as I loved how the "Marc jacobs: Grunge collection" exposed the grunge style and left people shocked. I had no trouble in choosing my model as I use her for literally anything I can as I believe she is naturally beautiful and is more than comfortable in front of the camera.  
Unfortunately, my photo shoot didn't go as planned due to multiple circumstances that landed on the day such as, the weather conditions throughout the day were not suitable for my location choice. Another reason being that my arranged make up artist that I had organised did not get back in contact with me neither did she show up, so I was left with no make up artist. A part of the outfit was not brought on the day which wasn't a major problem but it would have been more suitable for what I was going for, looks-wise. 

However, this did not stop me one little bit from making my outcomes. I simply went along with what I had that was on offer, and had to improvise, which I didn't mind as it's what photographers do in their day to day jobs and it was a learning curve for myself. I over came these obstacles by relocating my shoot to inside location within the college surroundings but avoiding the photography studio as I feel that because I have over used the facility and feel too comfortable within the space. I felt it was time to start pushing some boundaries, and a chance to start experimenting. Since my make up artist didn't show I feel that it was a happy accident in a way as I believe having a natural face creates more of a grunge style as grunge was about not caring and feeling comfortable with how you look. Luckily towards the end of the shoot the weather pick up a little so I was able to locate the shoot outside and was able to produce a variety of outcomes in different locations. 
 Equipment List:

  • Camera-Canon 750D/ Reason I used this camera is because its my own camera and I am comfortable with using it, aswell as having a greater knowledge and understanding about it. 
  • Lens-Macro lens/ Reason I used a macro lens was because I am forever using my regular day to day 55mm lens and felt I needed more experience with different lens, also the lens itself is great for close ups creating a good outcome of portraits. 
  • Light meter/ Reason I used a light meter was because whenever I do location shoots I usually go off my own knowledge of what I already know when it comes to adjsusting the settings when changing light. The light meter gave me a chance to use a ddifferent material when photographing and advising me on what light should be used when shooting in either light or dark surroundings. 
  • Ambient light/ I used ambient light coming directly from the open window from the right.
  • Reflector-silver and gold/ I used a reflector to give me more practice when using different materials and learning multiple ways of playing with light.






















Here are contact sheets providing evidence of both my experimental skills and development throughout the photo shoot:
Contact sheets providing all of the photographs
taken throughout my shoot

Contact Sheet

Contact Sheet


No comments:

Post a Comment