Sunday 21 May 2017

Development and samples of magazine mock ups

These are three developed designs of magazine mock ups that have all been inspired from my first design sheet which was evolved around the idea of recreating a "Friends" (Tv Show) scenery photograph besides incorporating both the nineties grunge and street style. The magazines as a whole were inspired by the fashion magazines Wonderland, Another, ID and Dazed. As I feel they are influential magazines and aren't stereotypical to today's society of magazines, they break the boundaries of what magazine covers are supposed to look like. 
However, not everything went as planned as my location was meant to be at the fountains in Barnsley town center but unfortunately, the fountains were not turned on, so this resulted in relocating to just outside of college surrounded by benches and a park atmosphere. I had also arranged a make up artist to collaborate with through college. Sadly, the make up artist did not show or make any contact with myself but this did not stop me from going ahead with the shoot. 
Throughout all of my shoots I intend to involve as much as my research within as possible. For instance, in incorporating Corinne Days edgy and unusual photography skills, having my model pose in unpleasant ways creating a surrealism vibe within my photographs. Adding aspects of clothing I have found to be Returning from the start of my research. Designing layouts linked to the magazines within my research and arguing whether it is a stereotypical magazine cover because that's not what I am wanting. I am wanting a magazine cover that is like no other and creates a grunge vibe. 

Problems I faced with my first photoshoot:
  • Make up artist didn't get back in touch-went along without 
  • My location to recreate the friends scenery wasn't available-relocated elsewhere 
  • Part of the outfit was forgotten due to relying of others-went along with what I had 
  • Lighting-over came this by using a light meter and playing around with the settings
My development sheet with annotation referring to each magazine cover
designed.


No comments:

Post a Comment